Kdrama Female Leads That Aced The BADASS Game .





Annyeong !!!!! How y'all doing, how is your quarantine life going so far, I hope nobody wants to die YET. Anyhow, I came today with some banger of an article, La Crème de la Crème.

In today's topic I'll be tackling girl power, CZ those would be refreshing as hell, seeing female leads kicks butts, cars, windows as well as speeding in the highway with those fancy-ass cars while rocking them high-end sunglasses will forever be iconic.


~~~Let's Get Going ~~~~


1- Lee Da Hee :


Now, this woman is a different type of badass, Lee Da Hee is such a girl crush, she really fits these roles like a ring, not just that she gives the character life, but she leaves you feeling super satisfied and refreshed behind your screen when she beats the shit outta someone, especially creepy dudes in an elevator.

She first slayed our entire existence in the drama The Beauty Inside with her character Kang Sa Ra where she was a chaebol thriving to inherit the company from her father instead of her brother, at first she appeared as that evil sister that would do anything for the chairwoman seat, even if that means going the dirty way.

However things took a very sweet yet refreshing turn, she became the most charming, inspiring female boss that everyone could look up too.

Apparently, Da Hee found herself in a girl crush /tomboy image, thing that explains why she chose her next work WWW: Search where she portrayed a character that could somewhat relate to the previous one, as both of them exude a very powerful boss lady vibe.

You should definitely check out these 2 dramas if a powerful female lead, that doesn't need someone to help her when she finds herself a sticky situation, is right up your alley.


2- Im Soo Jung :


In contrary to Lee Da Hee, Soo Jung has such an innocent face, that doesn't do justice to her Badass personality. If you see her you wouldn't know what she is up to, is she the innocent, naive female lead? or is she the sweet, understanding second female lead? Little do you know that she is a badass, that is very ready to put a gun in your face or simply crash the crap outta your brand new car with a baseball bat.

Im Soo Jung, first blessed us with the strong female character, in the drama Chigaco Typewriter, together with Yoo Ah In, which was a masterpiece, however as I read somewhere that the drama didn't do well in ratings, but I feel it was really underrated, it has depth and the acting, was on such a high level that if somebody told me that is a documentary (real) and not some show I would totally believe, they were the characters and not just the leads but the entire cast, Soo Jung was absolutely stupendous in the role of a badass sniper during the Japanese occupation, anyways I won't dig too deep as you totally should give this drama a watch.

Next was the drama WWW: Search, it is an ensemble drama showcasing 3 protagonists which Soo Jung and Da Hee are 2 of them. Soo Jung again nailed her character and made us all swoon for her and fall for her charm and badass looks. even though we all know that it wasn't us that she wanted to impress, it was somebody else. *wink* *wink*




3- Seo Ye Ji : 



What can I say more about this ultra-talented human being, I just love her, and for a long time, and I can't hide how proud I am of her and of the long way she came to become this successful. 
She also has the sweetest smile with the most innocent face, however she rocks the badass role I really don't know what is it, is it the fair skin, or is it the shiny black hair, all I know that she oozes charisma and sexiness, I would use the word "suave" as a gender-neutral word and I will dare and call her S.U.A.V.E *periodt*.

Her first character that is really a gangsta, according to my criteria, was her role in the drama Lawless lawyer, sharing the lead with the one and only Lee Joon Ki. Ye Ji was absolutely stunning, she elevated the drama to another level of badass, that drama was literally the only law drama that was so satisfying as the lawyers didn't give a damn about evidence or anything they bring justice in their own method it was a hell of a watch.

And again, she came to the screen as the infamous Ko Moon Young, in the infamous drama It's Okay Not To Be Okay. What can I say about that drama that hasn't been said already, it was real and raw, I adored the fact that they dedicated a whole ass episode for each mental disorder to show the audience that this is what it is really about and not all those stereotypes that you think it is about.  To be honest, Ye Ji was my favorite character together with Oh Jung Se as he did more than a terrific job it was a standing ovation worthy, he made me believe that he really is autistic and not just an actor acting a character that has autism, my least favorite was Moon Gang Tae (Kim So Hyun) as he was crying way too much, he reminded me of Park Shin Hye in The Heirs. I was like dude stop crying please noting will be solved if you continue doing so. If we bring up IOTBO we gotta bring up her breathtaking outfits, I mean even what she wears in her sleep. I loved the fact that her day to day clothes had witchy vibes however, her nightgowns were princess-like, anyhow everything was mesmerizing.



4- Kim Tae Ri :



Tae Ri in my opinion is a well-seasoned actress, as she really doesn't have many works like her peers however, she really has that Meryl Streep aura, if it makes sense, all her works are well-chosen and peculiar, also her looks, charisma, vibe, they all scream badass, without even doing anything. I am not sure if whether she plays a character of a damsel in a distress, she would still exude her badass aura or not, but until today I've never seen her in such character.

So today I am gonna talk about her character in the drama Mr.Sunshine, her role as Ko Ae Shin, was so strong yet vulnerable and she had such strong beliefs that nobody could change her way of doing things, even love wasn't an excuse to run away from her responsibilities and the sacrifices that she is ready to make if the situation requires so, her confidence was over the roof and her elegance in that character was undeniable, I loved in that drama the eyes of everybody, they all had such descriptive eyes, that hold a story. I gotta give a special shout out to my one and only Dong Mae, he is the embodiment of character development, and his character left a big impact on me, long story short it was an unforgettable character for me and an unforgettable drama as well.

Tae Ri played a strong character also in the movie The Handmaiden, which I also adored as it had really good depth and it served a purpose, the acting was great with a sprinkle of romance between the leads, but above all I really liked the chemistry of all the actors and how well they delivered the dialogues as well, not to talk about the mesmerizing cinematography, nor the outstanding wardrobe.





5- Kim Ji Won : 


Even though I have never seen Ji Won in those Youtube multifemale compilations, as I have a weird obsession with those, I had to include her in my personal multifemale list, as she portrayed several characters with a strong personality. To be honest, I have never actually liked her since I first saw her in The Heirs, as she did not make much of an impression on me, even though I tend to pay more attention to the secondary cast than the leads, but Kim Won Bin stole the spotlight for me that I did not pay attention to anybody, maybe I peeked on Park Hyung Sik but can you blame me?  

Yap aside, again according to my criteria, Ji Won landed her first badass role, in the drama Descendant of the Sun, where she actually showed what she is capable of as an actress and that she is ready to kick ass and break records. Then she came again on the screen with her funny, cheerful, and ambitious Choi Ae Ra, in the drama Fight For My Way, alongside Park Seo Jeon and I gotta admit I really liked her character. Many would debate, whether Ae Ra had a strong personality or not, as she had many crying scenes and whenever she is in distress her best friend, the male lead, would come running to help her, however as gestalt psychology suggests to not look at a thing as independent little things but as a whole so yeah that makes Ae Ra a strong personality character.

This next character of Kim Ji Won is definitely a badass and no one would debate nor deny so, as I am talking about Tanya in the drama Chronicles Of Arthadal, which I am dying to finish, please Netflix have some mercy on us and start filming the 2nd season already CZ I have still a lot of them lingering feelings and frustrations towards that crazy ass drama, also excuse my shamelessness, but please we need some more Tanya-Yangcha moments before anything dramatic happens Cz that ship is giving me hella butterflies. To pick up where I left, Tanya was a personification of a great leader, she was very wise and insightful she always thinks of her people before any move she does but without forgetting herself as well I really loved her character she is not annoying at all and does nothing over the top as a lot of badass female lead tend to do or be towards the middle of the drama. 




6- Jang Na Ra :



I watched a lot of Na Ra's dramas and I loved every one of them, as she is a terrific actress and I get the feeling that she is ruminant when it comes to the scripts she chooses, as every one of her dramas is different than the other and all of them have a very smooth writing and an original story.

However, I had to give Jang Na Ra's best drama award to The Last Empress, as it was beyond words and every episode would leave you hanging, and as the drama goes you witness the development of each character which was done amazingly. Yet my favorite was our empress, as her character development was very clear and you could follow it with the bare eye, as the drama starts with this very naive girl that dreams of love and sees life through her pink shades, but once reality strikes she becomes this fierce woman that is seeking revenge for her innocent old self.

I am gonna stop here as saying further would ruin the charm of watching the drama in case you didn't, it is very recommended, and even if it 52 eps it's totally worth it as there is no dragging or anything, just pure action, wholesomeness with a sprinkle of comedy and romance. But a lot could be learned from that masterpiece.






 

~~~~Alright peeps that is the end, thank you so much for sticking around despite
the article being a bit long. If you think that I forgot some of our badass females
you could always add your suggestions in the comment below and tell me which one was your favorite. stay safe and see you in the next article ~~~~~ 






Comments

Popular Posts